|Completion Date||Feb. 6, 2015|
|Runner||'Zakky the Goatragon'|
Robodemons. I think this is an example of me running a game because it was there and I could. What is probably even more terrifying is that I actually went and spent the money for an actual cart of this to run the game. If you have not seen this game, yet, then you'll understand shortly. You might also understand if I mention that this game is by Color Dreams.
This game is...well, not good. I knew that from the start, so I knew well what I was getting into. The movement is slippery, you can only have one projectile on the screen at the time, jump/attack is reversed from what one typically would expect in a NES game, damage is a bit odd, and you can have more health than your indicator can show.
If you zoned out during that last paragraph, you didn't really miss anything important. All you need to know is that it's a Color Dreams game.
Anyway, on to the run itself with our hero "A Most Great Warrior" (Yes, that's what he's called) who is so tough he only wields a boomerang (As you'll soon see I'm not making this up...).
The Level of Bone
The Level of Flesh
- The next part of the stage...well, RIP your eyes. I had no idea what in the world was a platform and what wasn't when I first entered this stage and falling into the liquid (it looks like lava, but I'm pretty sure it's not) is instant death. This stage went really well and I was able to make an air-jump when exiting one of the doors to save some time. Also, if you're wondering why I didn't just walk off the platform to save the key, it's because I can't. You can't control how far forward you move when you walk off a ledge. When you walk off that ledge you move forward just enough to fall right over the key and into the instant death liquid.
The Level of Fire
- You may notice that I was able to walk right on to the first two green platforms, but waited for the third. Although it looks like you could just walk right on to the third, trust me, you can't. You just barely miss it and fall. So I have to wait for it to come back. Close call at the end with the last green platform. I have to fire a shot to freeze it long enough for me to get over to it and jump on it and I just barely made it onto that platform. Unfortunately, the platform was in just the right position on the way back that I got stuck on it briefly while trying to get to the exit.
The Level of Lost Souls
- You have to rescue the "Lost Souls" here to move on. I start up on the top area and just plow through everything. After I rescue the two souls in the room, I death warp. The second pass through the starting room for the last souls didn't quite go so well, though. I missed a soul and messed up a dodge on probably the worst enemy to miss a dodge on because he saps your health at a very fast rate. Fortunately I didn't miss anything else because that would have been the end.
The Level of Demons
- This stage is awful. I had a slow start with the jumping red demons, but I figured things out as I went along. Later on I noticed I had enough health to just plow through the jumping red demons, so I did. The guys with the black helmets I had no intention of plowing through because of prior experience in the run and knowing the damage they could do, so I stopped to kill them. I death warp after grabbing the key and then make my way to the exit.
The Demon Factory
- You have to kill the orange robots and some orange battery looking things to advance here. I mistimed a few boomerang tosses and dodges, but otherwise this went decently.
King Kull's Chamber
- Despite my health being lower than I wanted it to be, I decided to go for it. Pretty much this just involves taking the damage through all four enemy rooms along the way to the boss. I missed the third door the first try, but thankfully recovered and got in quickly. It was a good thing, too, because the hit I took in the next room brought me down to my last hit.
"And thus the demon Kull was destroyed and his condemned souls were freed from hell."
Hmmm...that's a good thing right?
Aside from those points, a lot of things went well in this run. The Level of Flesh and the fight against the mech-dragon went exceptionally well.
- Everyone else who watched my attempts, has watched this run, and will watch this run because I could barely watch this run to write these comments and I'm the runner!
You all deserve some sort of reward or achievement for that!